Welcome to our new Early Childhood Professional Development Platform!
The Connecticut Association for the Education of Young Children (CTAEYC) Early Childhood Professional Development Platform looks to expand on current technical assistance practices and alliances that work to strengthen the functions of early childhood, specifically Family Child Care (FCC) and Infant and Toddler (I/T) Care. We intend to do this through offering online training courses, along with supplemental Professional Development workshops called CTAEYC Academies. These resources are all being offered free of charge through funds provided by the CT Office of Early Childhood and the CT United Way.
Are you interested in becoming a participant in our
Early Childhood Professional Development Platform?
Are you a family child care provider or an infant/toddler provider wanting to learn more about best practices, how to run a better program/business, professional development opportunities that will increase your knowledge base, and ways to network with other providers? As a participant in this platform you will find all of these things! And also be provided with incentive packages along the way to build your program and keep you motivated.
What do you need to do? How do I join?
Follow the link below to register and find out if you are qualified.
Participants need to complete the following training requirements over the course of six (6) months:
- Complete one (1) ERS-101 Environment Rating Scale online course
- The ERS-101 courses are an introduction to the Environment Rating Scales. Each course is self-paced, so you can start and stop as often as needed and is available in both English and Spanish. In total, each course takes about 5 hours to complete. Checks for understanding are embedded, along with the ability to email questions directly to the authors. Click the link below more to learn more about the ERS-101 courses.
- ERS-101 Training Courses
- Watch three (3) National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC) Webinars
- Using Music in Your Family Child Care Home
- Parent Engagement is Power
- Expect the Unexpected: How to Use Insurance to Protect Yourself from Real Life Scenarios
- Internet Marketing: 6 Tricks to Make Your Business Shine
- Big or Small – It’s All Good! Creating Your Outdoor Classroom
- The Facts, Not Fiction: The Financial Impact of Being on the Food Program and How to Claim Food Expenses
- The Basics of Family Child Care Record Keeping
- Top Tax Deductions for Family Child Care
- More will be released shortly!
- Attend a CTAEYC Academy; we encourage you to also attend at least one (1) of our new CTAEYC Academy workshops also being offered at no charge. Links to fliers and registration will be added as they become available.
*If you complete the above requirements by 11/30/18, you will be eligible to submit for additional coaching and mentoring opportunities with another incentive given at the end of this project.
Interested in learning more about the
Meet our partners:
All Our Kin
Discount School Supply
Kaplan Early Learning Company
National Association for Family Child Care