Raise the quality of early childhood education programs.
As a member you can further our voluntary national accreditation system, which helps improve early childhood education programs and recognizes high-quality programs so parents can make informed choices. And you can promote the development of respected position statements on issues such as teaching reading and writing, licensing to ensure health and safety, or supporting families.
Build the early childhood profession.
We believe that early childhood educators are professionals who should be valued and respected. Join us to promote high professional standards, comprehensive training opportunities, and equitable compensation and working conditions so that qualified early childhood educators will stay and grow in this important field.
Promote public support and policies for young children.
Together we can help to increase understanding and support for high-quality early childhood education among policymakers and the public through a wide range of education, advocacy, and public awareness activities, including our annual Week of the Young Child Celebration and the Children’s Champions.
Improve your teaching and learning.
As a NAEYC member you may take advantage of our wide array of resources to help improve your work with children. These resources include, but are not limited to, the following.
- NEW – Online access to Young Children journal in the “Members Only” section along with
- Young Children or TYC journal arriving in your mailbox five times a year.
- Discounted prices in our catalog of hundreds of books, videos, brochures, and posters.
- Access to the Members Only area of our Website.
- And the world’s largest early education conference.
- As a CAEYC member you will receive up-to-date information on the issues affecting your local communities, reduced or free admission to workshops, conferences, and special events, as well as newsletters, access to free website postings and scholarships opportunities.
Benefits On the National Level
Regular and Student Members receive:
- 20% discount on prices in our catalog of hundreds of books, videos, brochures, and posters.
- Five electronic issues of award-winning Young Children, packed with the latest developments in early childhood education, practice, and research.
- The print publication package of your choice: five issues of Young Children or five issues of Teaching Young Children/Preschool (English or Spanish).
- Reduced registration fees at NAEYC-sponsored conferences and seminars, including the world’s largest early education conference.
- Voting rights in NAEYC elections to help shape the future of the early childhood profession.
- Reduced subscription fees for the highly respected Early Childhood Research Quarterly, Exchange Magazine, Highlights High Five, and Education Week.
- Opportunities to participate in various insurance plans designed to meet your personal and professional needs, including professional liability insurance—and an Association-sponsored credit card service from Bank of America.
- Access to the Members Only area of our Web site.
Join or Upgrade to Comprehensive Membership
Join NAEYC as a Comprehensive Member and you’ll receive five or six publications automatically as they are released throughout the year (a $100 value). What an easy way to enhance your professional development while building your personal professional library of early childhood education resources!
Benefits On the State Level
- Professional development opportunities- reduced rates at conference
- Opportunity for public policy impact and information- sign on to Children’s Champions
- Technical assistance with accreditation efforts
- Access to CT AEYC’s members only web page
- Specific CT information and updates (both printed and electronic) on issues impacting children, families and early childhood professionals
- Opportunities to purchase discounted goods and services from various vendors**
Benefits At the Local Level
- Networking with other early childhood professionals
- Opportunity to develop your leadership skills
- Joining together on public policy issues
- Professional development opportunities
- Community and Affiliate Chapter events
**NAEYC/CAEYC do not endorse commercial products; however, our Association values business relationships with other organizations. Commercial and noncommercial exhibits or sponsorships at NAEYC/CAEYC conferences, opportunities for purchasing discounted goods and services from various vendors and advertisements in its publications or on the NAEYC/CAEYC Web site, do not constitute an endorsement by the Association. Furthermore, acceptance of advertising, exhibits, or sponsorships does not imply endorsement by NAEYC/CAEYC, nor shall individual membership in NAEYC/CAEYC be used to imply NAEYC/CAEYC endorsement.